Monday, February 13, 2012

What a Week!

I'm linking up with Neely from A Complete Waste of Makeup today. We can blog about anything at all, no particular topic!

So my topic is my week last week, thank God I had all those guest posts already planned because let me just tell was a crazy week!

Started the week off on Monday feeling good, nothing stressing me out. Monday nights are my new night for BFF night so my BFF, Cat came over after she got off work to hang out and have dinner. We made cheeseburgers on the grill and had sweet potato fries with them, yum!

Then we roll into Tuesday. Hubby had the day off from work so he took Hannah to school while I stayed home and got somethings done around here. When he got home he decided to take Summer THEE dog to the dog park, which she loves. Again I stayed home and got a few more things done around here. I noticed that when he got home, he didn't pull the car into the garage all the way and I went out to see what he was up to. Red flag numero uno was he had the hood up and there was about a gallon of water on the ground under the car. I asked if everything was ok and he said it was fine. Not a problem. Ok then. I went back inside and got on the stationary bike and knocked out a half marathon (13.1 miles).

A couple of hours later it was time to head to cheer. We all get in the car and start driving the few miles to the school where cheer practice is and the car smells terrible. Like boiled and burned water. Red flag dos. I say to hubby are you sure the car is ok? He says yes its fine, don't worry. If you say so...

Hannah has cheer practice and Hubby and I sit around waiting an hour for it to be over. We head home and get less than a mile when the red light comes on and tells us the car is overheating. Great. We get another mile and are at a stop light when the car has steam coming out of the engine. Oh boy. We get to the last light and we have to turn...we are literally 2 blocks from home and the car starts sputtering, steam is pouring out of the hood now. Hubby gets us home, opens the hood of the car and smoke just billows out.

We call our friend the mechanic and he says it sounds like the radiator. Could be a hose or the radiator neck, but most likely its the radiator itself. Fabulous. We have one vehicle in our family. Hubby has to work at the ER the next 2 days and I have carpool the next day. Awesome.

We get in touch with my dad's mechanic since our friend can't help us out with this one because he has to work too. So my dad gives us the name and number of his mechanic who is also a Phoenix Firefighter. Thankfully, he has Wednesday off if we can have the car towed up to his place he can look at it, get the parts ordered on Weds but won't be able to fix it til Friday when he is off shift again. So, Wednesday morning thankfully the other mom who I share carpooling duties with was able to take Hannah to school and bring all the kids home in the afternoon. I spent all day dealing with getting the car towed to the shop, getting a rental car for 2 days, getting AAA so that we don't have to pay $100 again to be towed 11 miles.

This is the first rental they gave me. Hate it. I know for sure I will never buy a Chevy HHR. While it looks cute and all, it is cramped and you can't see clearly out the tiny windows. I swear I thought I was gonna hit a pedestrian. I took this car out to get frozen yogurt with my daughter and to go shopping with my friend. It did the job but I wasn't in heaven....until we took it back and I saw my dream car on the lot of the rental place. I was getting back a refund from the first rental so I asked how much it would be for my dream car for 1 day. They smiled and told me it would be $60 for the day. I looked at hubby and he said to do it, that would be my Valentine's day present. EEEK!!!!

So I drove off the lot in my dream car...a Dodge Charger. OMG. I thought I was gonna die. This car is amazing. It has tons of room in the front and back seats so that even my hubby who is not a small man was comfortable in the passenger seat and in the back seat. The trunk is huge, it has speed and is friggin HOT to look at. We took it all over town and then went to pick up our car from the shop. I literally had a perma-smile on my face the entire time I was driving this car.

That night we went out for a nice dinner as a family and then Mama got to go out and get her hair cut for the first time in forever. I didn't have much taken off, just some long layers and bangs. But it was long overdue!

We got up and did some grocery shopping yesterday and then sadly I had to return my dream car to Enterprise. Sad face. All I can say is that I will one day own my dream car and I cannot wait for that day!! lol


Thanks for leaving me a comment!